Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe2014-07-01
- Course: Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
- Yield : 2 loaves
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
This gluten free pumpkin bread recipe is a moist contrast to other pumpkin more dense textured breads. It can be served as a desert with a light butter spread or as an accompaniment to breakfast.
- 1 ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 7 eggs, separate yolks and egg whites
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree, fresh roasted or canned
- ¼ cup coconut oil or canola oil
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, roughly chopped (if desired for topping)
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease or line two bread tins and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg whites and salt together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In another bowl combine the yolks, pumpkin, coconut oil and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in the egg whites.
Divide the batter evenly between the two baking tins. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if desired. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, let stand 15 minutes prior to cutting and serving.